Thursday, December 13, 2012

And a Joyeux Anniversaire it was...

It is always a tad triste when I can't be with my family on my birthday, but this year I was able to celebrate it in an interesting way.

On the big day, I woke up and rushed to Place de l'Europe to get a ride to Nimes. Why you ask? Well, because Nimes was the site of my first frisbee tournament in France! That's right folks, on my birthday I played indoor ultimate all day long. We didn't win many games, but I scored the game-winning point in the first game, so that kind of made up for it.

After the tournament, I hurried home to host a birthday gathering for all of my friends! It was quite international, as there were people from about 9 countries in attendance (France (obvi), America, Spain, UK - England and Scotland, Germany, Morocco, Poland, Italy, Argentina?). I invited my American assistant friends, my french friends, my frisbee teammates, the other language assistants at my school, and my roommates of course. French was the dominant language, but there were also smatterings of English and Spanish. I had a wonderful time, and even got to play a little beer-pong. It is important to share American culture inside and outside of the classroom.

People stayed long into the night, and I didn't go to bed until 4am. It was still my birthday in America when I went to bed! I like going out, but it was nice that I was able to see so many people, without having to take a step out the door.

Kerstin (German Assistant at my school), Cornelia (Kerstin's roommate), Ana (Spanish Assistant at my school), Me and Chris (English Assistant)

My roommates baked me a cake and had me blow out candles!

My friends Jenny and Amanda brought macaroons to stick candles in (a 2 and a 3 !)

Amanda!!


A bunch of Frisbee teammates

I actually only know the guy on the right (he's on my frisbee team), the others are his friends

More frisbee love and an American Assistant (Meredith)

Beautiful flowers from my family!

Frisbee tournament! The tournament was for co-ed teams, but most of the teams we played had only guys....

Beautiful flowers from Linsey and Yiannis!!




The teachers at my school gave me a birthday gift! Yummy chocolates, lotion and French soap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment