Thursday, December 13, 2012

Let's go to Lyon for the festival of Lights

Last weekend I went to Lyon for the famous Fête des lumières. It was super crowded, but there were so many cool light exhibits to see! It was much colder than the sunny Montpellierian day I left, but we discovered an amazing Christmas market, so I suppose the weather was appropriate for that. I am not ashamed to admit that the first thing I did upon arriving in Lyon was get a Chai tea latte from Starbucks to warm me up. My first trip to Starbucks in France. It's not like I'm a hardcore fan or anything, but I really do like Chai tea lattes. I also tried a marron chaud for the first time!

It was nice that we arrived in Lyon in the daytime, because we got to explore the city a bit before the light exhibits at night.

See below for some pics!









I bought this delicious cinnamon flavored cookie at the Lyon Christmas market! It was SOO good.




There were an unusual amount of "American" restaurants that we came across.

In this beautiful church, we saw the region's orchestra play a mini concert. It was amazing.

View from across the river.



No comments:

Post a Comment