Sunday, November 4, 2012

I'm on holiday.


So the French high school system is a glorious thing in that I have been working for less than a month and I’m already on holiday. I have a two-week break, and I’m currently at the halfway point.

I have been able to do a lot of fun activities in my free time, the most important being that I finally went to play Frisbee with the locals! There is a team in town called Lezheraultimates, and they practice every Tuesday/Thursday. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I was never able to go. Last Thursday, however, I made a point of joining them to throw around. It was a lot of fun, and I’m looking forward to future practices. They have about one tournament a month, so hopefully I can get involved in those as well. The only challenging thing was the terminology, since I have virtually no French Frisbee vocab. Other than that, it was a great way to meet French people!

Another cool thing that I was able to attend was a film festival. From October 27 – November 3, people from all over flocked to Montpellier for the 34th annual “Cinemed” festival. I personally saw 6 short films, all unique and interesting, and the Costa Gavras film “Mad City.” It was a pretty cool event, and I’m really glad I was able to attend!

Tomorrow I plan to gallivant around the city some more and enjoy life J


P.S. One more thing… I found a cheese here similar to cheddar…how exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment