Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trick or Treat.


October 31, 2012

Halloween!!!!!!!!! So because I have the best Mom in the world, I found a lovely box of Trader Joe’s pumpkin muffin mix in my mailbox on Halloween morning. Accompanying the delicious mix was a cute little Halloween door-hanger that I put on the kitchen door.

Around the city, there were signs that Halloween was underway. Small children were running about in costumes, although they don’t really trick-or-treat, and various establishments got in the Halloween Spirit and decorated with pumpkins, spiders and fake spider webs. In France, everyone wears “scary” costumes, so there were a lot of zombies, grim reapers, witches, and people with fake blood/scars painted on. (Yes people wear these things when they go out to bars at night.)

My first duty of the day was helping out with a little kids Halloween party. The organization in charge of the party was called The French-American Center, and the goal was to get kids excited about Halloween! We decorated the inside of a building to make a Haunted House and set up various activities for the children. I led a group of 9-11 year-olds through the activities, and they were all so cute! At the end of the night we had a fashion show where all of the kids got to show off their costumes.

I should probably mention that I wore the dirndl I bought in Munich for Halloween. After the kids party, the adults that had been helping out were treated to pizza and wine…yes the pizza delivery guy delivered wine with the pizza…only in France. We told scary stories and it was a chance for the French people to practice their English skills! After the pizza party the real fun began…

We started off the night at a bar called “Circus.” It is one of my favorite bars in Montpellier. After a few hours there, we went to one of the big discotheques called “Le Heat.” The line was super long, but after finally getting in, we danced the night away. All in all it was a very fun Halloween, and I’m glad I was able to spend it in France!

No comments:

Post a Comment